This course introduces the health effects solar technologies have on their surroundings and any effects that nearby communities may feel.
Due to an increase in the prevalence of solar technologies, speculation by members of nearby communities on the health effects of solar fields and other applications of solar power have spread, with not all of it being accurate. This course evaluates the impact that solar photovoltaics have on their surroundings.
The content of this course is the NC Clean Energy Technology Center document “Health and Safety Impacts of Solar Photovoltaics”.
This course includes a multiple-choice quiz at the end and is intended to provide 1 hour of professional development.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will have learned or been exposed to the following:
- Project Installation and Construction
- System Components
- Panel End of Life Management
- Operations and Maintenance
- Effects of Electromagnetic Fields
- Electric Shock and Arc Flash Hazards
- Fire Safety for Solar Photovoltaics