This course provides a review of the Texas Board of Professional Engineers (TBPE) requirements according to the board rules and the Texas Engineering Practice Act. This course meets the requirements by TBPE for continuing education including the completion of at least 1 hr. of continuing education related to Texas laws and rules and/or ethics per renewal period.
This course presents the “Texas Engineering Practice Act and Rules Concerning the Practice of Engineering and Professional engineering Licensure” which serves as the course document. The topics covered include licensure requirements, examples of situations requiring a license, proper use of an engineer’s seal, exemptions to licensure requirements and categories of violations.
This course includes a multiple-choice quiz at the end and is intended to provide 3 hours of professional development.
Course Author: Texas Board of Professional Engineers (TBPE)
At the conclusion of this course, the student will have learned or been exposed to the following:
- A review of the Texas Engineering Practice Act requirements for Texas professional engineers
- An awareness of the reason for the initiation Texas Board of Professional Engineers
- A review of the continuing education requirements
- A basic understanding of TBPE disciplinary process
- Examples of exemptions by the TBPE
- Examples of violations and penalties